Sunday, March 27, 2011

Robert Pattinson

"But you're not really allowed to complain about any of this," he says. "You're just supposed to be grateful. And obviously - I get it. You're lucky and you should appreciate your luck. But, I mean, it just seems if you even hint that there's a bad side to any of these people will be like - Liar! I guess it's because people want to have it as a dream. God, I always talk about fame, and it's just so boring!"

What a great interview Robert Pattinson had with Vanity Fair. Somehow they always capture the weaknesses out of everyone that we think are so strong. The article interpreted him as a human being rather than a "robot". What so many aspire to hopefully to achieve...fame...we see still see someone who has achieved all this and is still trying to find himself. Yeah, it's great in the beginning but can you live like this? Sometimes I try to imagine everyone recognizing me and staring at me. Of course it's flattering starting off but I honestly think it would drive me mad. If a stranger looks at me, I always wonder what they are thinking. I guess I care too much about what other people think. Robert Pattinson's outlook definitely benefits him - he doesn't care what people think of him, however he is confused what his fans want from him. I would be curious to hear some teeny bopper's answer. And no, I don't want to hear why they are "Team Edward". I would want to know the same thing Robert would want to know - what do they want? It's ridiculous. He's not a vampire. He's an actor. I find it bizarre that girls (& women) cry and scream when they see him. He's just like all of us but an actor who is exposed to the public. I do have to admit, I would never be one of those girls who screams when I see Robert, but come on, I would for sure talk to him. When you sign up to be a famous actor, you're signing up to entertain your fans as well. It's all part of the business. Robert will eventually learn. If acting is your passion, I think sucking up to the public is a sacrifice you need to be willing to make. No actor can escape it. If it's making you miserable, stop acting. Everyone has a choice.

I think Robert Pattinson's interview with Vanity Fair was refreshing. Our society tends to think if your famous you never have problems. If anything, I think they have more problems than us (the average Joe Schmoe). They just do an incredible job of masking their "perfect" lives (thanks to their underpaid publicists). There's more to life than money & fame. More people with everything are still unhappy with their lives than those who chose a more simplistic life. Not saying if you have money, you can't be happy. It's just important to remind yourself that money doesn't create happiness. Imagine yourself with your friends or family at a super expensive restaurant. Then imagine yourself at a cheap whole in the wall. Can you tell the difference? Absolutely not. It took me a few years to figure all this out. The source of my happiness stemmed from just the people in my life, not the "extravagant things" I was trying to get involved with. It's definitely important to be spontaneous and try new things, but it's more important to understand your priorities. One of my top priorities that will never change are my relationships. If this isn't one of yours, be prepared. If you can't give love, you can't receive love. Everyone wants something out of a relationship. Some celebrities want the most unimportant thing out of their success...fame. But somehow after some time, the fame isn't good enough. They think, "Now what?" It's how you can tell a talented, focused person from a selfish, attention hungry person. Both people exist in the"successful world" but it's the people who put others first, let negativity go and hope for a great life, that are truly, genuinely happy. I think we're all trying to achieve this, every day. All we can do is try and hope for the best.

[Photos: Vanity Fair]

No comments: